Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The use of this web site is subject to these terms and conditions.
The consumer will be known as 'you' or 'the purchaser'. We, the retailer, will be known as 'the seller' or 'Babyland'.
Please note: This site is staffed from Monday to Friday, when orders will be confirmed, processed and e-mails replied to.
- Once stock availability, price verification and card payment has been confirmed, the order will be accepted and processed.
- You will receive order conformation via e-mail, on acceptance of your order.
- The contract/agreement between Babyland and the purchaser then comes into effect based on these Terms and Conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, receipt of an order via our site does not constitute acceptance of an order.
- Prices may vary from day to day.
- Substitution of any out of stock goods will only be carried out with the purchaser's instructions. Their return within the 7 working days will be at the seller's expense.
Your Statutory Rights are not affected.
- Babyland will aim to deliver within 5-7 working days (except during holiday periods). This excludes goods being delivered directly from the supplier, when delivery times will be stated at time of selection.
- If there is any variation of delivery times, you will be notified by e-mail or telephone.
- Delivery will be free of charge unless otherwise stated in your shopping basket.
- Orders below £50 will incur a £4.99 packing and delivery fee to UK mainland.
- Furniture being delivered directly from the supplier will aim to be delivered within 4-6 weeks from time of order, F.O.C.
- Prices (in pounds sterling) are inclusive of Vat at 20%, car seats at 5% and clothing at 0%.
- Please e-mail us for quotes to deliver outside of the UK mainland.
- Babyland accepts major credit/debit cards (Visa, Switch & Mastercard), which are processed via SagePay Secure communications. This means that any information provided by you such as your name or credit card number, is encrypted so that it cannot be read or intercepted by other people.
- Delivery will only be made to the cardholder's address.
- All goods remain the property of Babyland until full payment has been received and delivery is made to the purchaser.
Your Right to Cancel and Return
- There will be no charge for stock orders cancelled prior to despatch.
- Special order goods, delivered direct from the supplier (with the exception of Dutailier), the purchaser will be given the opportunity to inspect for any faults at time of delivery.
- Cancelled goods that have been despatched will have a minimum charge of £12.95 per carton, for the return delivery fee.
- Unwanted goods may be returned at the purchaser's expense, within 7 working days from the day after the goods are received. The goods must be unused, in original packaging and condition.
- Any items that were taken as free or part of a special offer, must be returned unused with any unwanted or refunded goods, or may be kept and charged to the purchaser at their current sale value.
- Collection of unwanted goods can be arranged by Babyland, at a minimum cost of £12.95 per carton (payable prior to collection). Please e-mail with details of product/s to be returned for a quote. Please include a copy of receipt along with a letter stating the reason for return.
- Babyland will only refund and accept responsibility for the goods once received at our warehouse, in the same condition they were despatched in.
- Any mattresses are hygienically sealed and therefore must be returned unopened.
- If the wrong item is sent by fault of Babyland, a collection will be made at the expense of Babyland.
- Babyland will not be held responsible for loss or damage of any items returned by the purchaser through their own source. We strongly recommend that you keep a receipt as proof of postage and that you are covered in case of their loss or damage by the carrier.
- Any refunds will be made within 30 days of cancellation, assuming their safe return and receipt of returned goods back to the seller within that time.
- The products offered for sale comply with the relevant current European or British safety standard at the time of purchase.
- The products are covered by the manufacturers guarantee for a period of 6 months. This is in addition to your statutory rights.
- The guarantee does not cover misuse, abuse, neglect or accidental damage. Always follow and adhere to the manufacturers' instructions.
- The purchaser is responsible for the correct operation and maintenance of the product, indemnifying Babyland for any damage, liability; costs caused by miss use or misunderstanding of the manufacturers' instructions.
Returns for Repair/Inspection
Please endeavour to keep outer carton packaging in case of the need to return. The carrier may refuse collection if incorrectly packaged.
- If a fault is believed to have occurred, the product may be subject to the manufacturers' inspection at Babyland’s discretion, to determine if the fault is due to manufacturing or non-manufacturing. A copy of any report will be made available at the purchaser's request. Some manufacturers may charge a return and inspection fee, which the purchaser may be liable for in the event of a non-manufacturing fault.
- Unused goods with a manufacturing fault, may be returned for refund or exchange.
- For used goods, if a fault is discovered, dependant on the circumstances, the item will be repaired, replaced or the purchaser supplied with easy to apply spare parts.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to return the goods at their own cost to Babyland but no charge additional charge is incurred for carriage to the manufacturer if the product is within the 6 months guarantee and the fault is one of manufacture. A receipt is required as proof of the purchase date.
- Products out of the 6 months warranty will normally incur a collection and return carriage charge of £12.95 payable prior to collection of the item.
- Any repairs required for non-manufacturing faults, out of the 6 months guarantee will be chargeable to the purchaser. (The purchaser will always be contacted with a quote before any work is carried out).
- We try to be as accurate as possible in providing details and descriptions. All Details, weights, sizes etc are given as a guide only. Colour variations should be expected, particularly with wooden products as change with light and age is likely to occur.
- Colour representation is approximate and may differ on some PC's.
- It is Babyland’s intention to be environmentally friendly where possible. Packaging is therefore recycled, so please be aware that the outer carton may not represent the inner product.
- Co-ordinating fabrics, accessories and spare parts may not be available for any set time, we cannot therefore guarantee availability.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We only collect information about you to allow us to process your order.We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988). We’ll only ever ask for essential information that helps us give you the best service we can. We will not pass your personal information to other companies without your consent.
These are small files placed on your computer’s hard drive, or in your browser memory, when you visit our website.It helps us process your order.What cookies don’t do is store any personal or confidential information about you.
Any complaints or problems must be addressed to Babyland as quickly as possible, so that we may attempt to resolve them. If you have any doubt or discrepancy with any products we offer or about our terms, please contact your local Trading Standards office for assistance.
Acceptance of any child car safety seat order, is subject to our car seat ethos and advice being read and understood by the purchaser.
Car Seat Ethos
As one of the few diligent e-tailers, we have a safety ethos for car seats. When purchasing a child's car seat from Babyland, we ask that you read and digest this important information. This is to ensure that you choose the best seat for your baby and the one that will best fit in your car.
We ask that you acknowledge this by ticking the box which confirms that you have read the car seat information and our Terms and Conditions.
To check compatibility of Britax seats with your car, click on the Britax logo and go to the easy to use "fit finder" section, or ring their customer service helpline on 01264 386034.
To check the compatibility of Maxi Cosi seats with your car, please ring their customer service helpline on 0208 236 7325.
A child's car seat is first and foremost designed to help protect your child in the unlikely event of an accident. All of the seats we offer for sale comply with the stringent European safety standards ECE R44 03.
- It is the child's weight (not age) that determines the type of seat you need. A child in a forward facing seat must be 9kg or over and be able to sit up unaided and with confidence.
- The seat must be compatible with your car,
- No child seat should be used with a passenger air bag.
- Once in possession of the seat, please read fully and keep the manufacturers instructions.
- Adjust the car seats internal harness to suit your child.
- Install the seat into your car following the instructions and ensuring it is as tight as possible, ( for forward facing, check this by firmly pulling the seat by its harness in a forward motion). Any movement indicates that it needs to be even tighter. Do not rock the seat sideways as this is unnatural movement. Also check that the cars buckle is not interfering with the fitting of the seat.
Group 0+ birth to 13kgs(22lbs) approx. 10 to 15 months. Rearward facing only.
Group 0+ / 1 birth to 9kgs rearward facing and 9kgs to18kgs (40lbs) approx. 4 years. Forward facing.
Group 1 9kgs to 18kgs forward facing.
Group 2 9kgs to 36kgs forward facing.
Group 3 15kgs to 36kgs approx. 4 to 11 years forward facing.
If in any doubt over the suitability of a car seat please contact the Road Safety Office at your local council.